Brainport, NL – Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek (TNO)
The Brainport permanent pilot site consists of three pilot areas:
1) The driverless car rebalancing service will be used on the Eindhoven University campus, a 2 km road network, without signalisation (cross walks, traffic lights, with 30 km/h speed limit).
2) The Automated Valet Parking use case will be used on the Automotive campus parking (200 places) and access roads (about 1 km – speed limit 15 km/h).
3) The Highway pilot and the platooning use cases will be used on a 6 km portion of the A270 motorway (2 x 2 lanes) including its emergency lane, fully covered with ITS-G5 communication and monitoring cameras.
Automated driving use cases:
- Highway pilot
- Automated Valet Parking
Automated driving services:
- Autonomous driving route optimisation
- Real time car sharing
- Driverless car rebalancing
- HD maps for automated driving vehicles
Location: Brainport, The Netherlands
Pilot site leader and involved partners: TNO (leader), DLR, HELM, Huawei, IBMIE, NEC, NEVS, NXP, TECHN, TT, TU Eindhoven, Valeo, Vicomtech, TASS International.
Vehicles and infrastructure: 5 vehicles + 1 electric city car; motorway fully covered with ITS-G5 communication and monitoring cameras.
Use cases and services: Highway pilot, Automated Valet parking, platooning; autonomous driving route optimisation, real-time car sharing, driverless car rebalancing, HD maps for automated driving vehicles.