- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Transatlantic Symposium on ICT and Policy
June 18 - June 19
The event will convene leaders in government, academia, and industry around the theme of leveraging people, technology, and information for a smart and connected society. The symposium will explore key ICT topics for bilateral cooperation, as well as cross-cutting issues including policy aspects and STEM workforce issues. This two-day event will include keynotes, panel discussions, and interactive workshops to facilitate knowledge exchange.
Key Topics. Five key topics were selected based on the outcomes of the first Trans-Atlantic Symposium as well as the stated policy priorities of the US and EU. Conference attendees will discuss cooperation with a focus on innovative early-stage research in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity, including security and information assurance.
- Big Data, including management, analytics, and visualization.
- Cyber-physical Systems and Internet of Things (IoT), including IoT-enabled smart cities.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), including autonomous systems, robotics, and machine learning.
- 5G and Beyond, including network infrastructure.