12th ITS European Congress, Strasbourg Convention Centre, 19-22 June 2017
Theme ‘ITS Beyond Borders’
- AUTOPILOT stand as part of the ERTICO stand – stand no. C12
Come, visit and learn about the AUTOPILOT project at the exhibition – C12.
Information about the project will be presented interactively via a touch screen display and by means of a poster and flyers.
- AUTOPILOT special interest session (SIS) entitled ‘IOT and next generation networks enabling highly and fully automated driving’. The topic of the discussion will be ‘Connected and automated transport’.
IoT promises a widely distributed network of cheap, efficient and pervasive sensors. Automated Driving (AD) demands a rich sensing capability to maximally inform the automated decision making process; thus, exploiting IoT technologies for Autonomous Driving applications seems a very opportune area of investigation. There are, however, significant challenges – AD demands highly reliable solutions, IoT presents a much more ad hoc sea of data. AD solutions must be secure, yet IoT has already demonstrated significant security weakness. In this session we will investigate the promise that IoT offers, while trying to understand the ways in which its performance must be improved, or its weaknesses mitigated.
The details of the SIS are as follows:
SIS15 – IOT and next generation networks enabling highly and fully automated driving
TOPIC: 4. Connected and automated transport
Date / Time: Tuesday June 20 / 14:00 – 15:30
Organiser: Dave Marple, Technolution, The Netherlands
Moderator: François Fischer, ERTICO – ITS Europe
- Stella Nikolaou, Centre for Research & Technology Hellas – CERTH, Greece
- Ralf Willenbrock, T-Systems, Germany Benoit Baurens, AKKA, France
- Miodrag Djurica, TNO, The Netherlands
- Dave Marple, Technolution, The Netherlands
You can find details of the complete programme on the ITS European Congress website.